Easy file upload/download and RPC through HTTP in Java
Access remote programs and files securely from Android or Java Desktop applications
Awake File is a secure Open Source framework which enables Android and Java Desktop developers to very
easily implement file uploads and downloads through HTTP.
This greatly eases the development of Android, Swing, JavaFX and SWT applications
that need to upload or download files to/from a Servlet Container
Security has been taken into account from the design stage: server side configuration
allows to specify strong security rules in order to protect the files.
Awake File is licensed through the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL v2.1):
you can use it for free and without any constraints
in your open source projects as well as in your commercial applications.
Awake SQL Schema - Click to enlarge
- Compatible with Servlets 2.5+ containers.
- Supports Android, Windows, Unix/Linux and MacOS X on client side.
- Supports Windows, Unix/Linux and MacOS X on server side.
- Optimized and designed to manage heavy traffic with data streaming, stateless sessions, etc.
- Full default configuration included for easy start.
- Configuration neutral. Configuration is done through getters in Java classes using
This allows you to easily define your configuration strategy and implementation :
ini file, XML, etc. Just use or overload any or all of the few configuration methods with your own code.
- Client/Server communications and exchanges entirely done in http or https on standard ports. (No firewall configuration required).
- Supports simultaneous sessions from client side.
- Supports files download/upload and RPC calls from Java Threads.
- Includes built-in and easy to use helper classes for GUI Progress Bars implementations.
- Entirely coded in Java.
- Developed by Android, Swing & JavaFX developers for Android, Swing & JavaFX developers.